Friday 30 March 2012

TRANSFORMATIONS 4


For questions 31 – 40, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between two and five words, including the word given. There is an example at the beginning (0).

Example:

0 They published this book in England.CAME

This book …..came from…. England.

31.- Can you understand what this paper means?SENSE

Can you ……………………………  this paper?

32.- It wasn’t necessary to meet me at the airport yesterday.NEEDN’T

You ……………………… me at the airport yesterday.

33.-It was unkind of you to talk to her like that.NOT

You ……………………………… to her like that.

34.-I saw the film although I strongly dislike thrillers. SPITE

I saw the film in …………………… of thrillers.

35.-It’s not possible to play tennis because of the rain.MAKES

The rain ……………………………….  to play tennis.

36.-I’ve never tasted such good food before.EVER

It is the ………………….. tasted.

37.-Do your parents allow you to watch TV late at night?LET

Do your parents ……………………. TV late at night?

38.-”Did you write a note for Anna?” I asked my mother.SHE

I asked my mother ………………………. a note for Anna.

39.-He gave me the money first, and then he left.AFTER

He left …………………………………….. the money.

40.-I don’t find it difficult to get up early any more.USED

I ………………………………………. up early.

KEY

31.- …make sense of…… this paper?

32.- ……needn’t have met… me at the airport yesterday.

33.- …should not have talked… to her like that.

34.-…spite of my strong dislike… of thrillers.

35.- ……makes it impossible…. to play tennis.

36.-…best food I’ve ever.. tasted.

37.- …let you watch…. TV late at night?

38.- …whether/if she had written…. a note for Anna.

39.-……after he had given me/after giving me….. the money.
40.- ……am used to getting…. up early

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.