Friday 26 March 2010

TRANSFORMATION 2

COMPLETE THE SECOND SENTENCE SO THAT It HAS A SIMILAR MEANING TO THE FIRST SENTENCE, USING THE WORD GIVEN. DO NOT CHANGE THE WORD GIVEN. YOU MUST USE BETWEEN TWO AND FIVE WORDS, INCLUDING THE WORD GIVEN.

1.Don’t forget your coat as it’ll probably get cold later. LIKELY
Don’t forget your coat as it_____________________________________________later.

2.I think she’s about to end our relationship.POINT
I think she’s __________________________________________________up with me.

3. United will certainly win the league this year.LOSE
United _______________________________________________ the league this year.

4.I’m certain he didn’t use the car because his sister had the keys.USED
He _____________________________________ the car because his sister had the keys.

5. The fact that bus travel is so cheap compensates for the lack of comfort.MAKES
The low cost of travelling ________________________________ the lack of comfort.

6.Their relationship seems very good. GET
It looks as ____________________________________ very well with each other.

7.Have you thought of a name for your dog yet? COME
Have you _______________________________________ a name for your dog yet?

8.Give me a call immediately on arrival. AS
Give me a call _________________________________________________________.
9.This exercise is much easier than the last one. AS
This exercise is ___________________________________________ as the last one.

10.There are more boys than girls in our class.AS
There are _______________________________________ as boys in our class.

11.All the other beds in the room are more comfortable than this one.COMFORTABLE
This is the _____________________________________________ the room.

12.I drink more if I smoke less.THE
The less __________________________________________ I drink.

13.We live nearer to the job than Costas.FROM
Costas ________________________________________ the school than I do.

14.All the students did far better than me in the exam.MUCH
I ___________________________________________ all the students in the exam.

15.Paul earns more than me.AS
I do _________________________________________ James does.

16. I’ve never known anyone as clever as Hilary.PERSON
Hilary is __________________________________________ ever known.

17. Sailing is more expensive than biking.NOT
Sailing is__________________________________________biking.

18. Olivia finds watching TV more boring than reading.NOT
For Olivia, watching TV is __________________________________________ reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.