Sunday 4 April 2010

TRANSFORMATION 4

Use the word given to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence. Use between two and five words altogether.

a)Did you buy a bandage, Roy? Asked Graham. He
Graham asked __________________________________________ a bandage.

b)His condition improved so rapidly he went home four days after the operation. Such
There ________________________________________ in his condition he went home four days after the operation.

c)‘I wouldn’t go to that restaurant if I were you,Matt’ I said. Advised
I __________________________________________ to that restaurant.

d)I’m amazed by how much English he knows. Of
His __________________________________________ me.

e)‘Can you swim, Sarah?’asked her teacher: Her
Sarah’s teacher asked __________________________________________ to swim.

f)‘I’ll drive you to the station, dawn, he said. Offered
He __________________________________________ a lift to the station.

g)‘There’ll be very few people at the party,’she told Roger. Not
She told Roger there ______________________________________ people at the party.

h)‘Let’s eat out tomorrow,’said Chris. Suggested
Chris __________________________________________ day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.